you will need it to produce a account that is new or ( if you have a free account) to deliver communications or intros. Confirming your contact number assists in maintaining your account secure and safe, and helps it be easier for you to get on OkCupid. As it’s safer and much more convenient, it’s a clear win-win.
Troublesh ting Help
If you cannot receive SMS communications
We confirm your telephone number by delivering a code via SMS. This means you must have a device that may get SMS messages, like a cell phone. We cannot confirm via landline, particular phone that is internet-based, or certain texting apps. If you’re unable to receive an SMS, you’ll be struggling to produce an OkCupid account, or deliver messages and intros from an existing account. At this time we would not have any workarounds or exceptions for this guideline. Should your number is not compatible with SMS, you will need certainly to make use of another number.
If the truth is a note that the number is in use
A telephone number can simply be confirmed on a single account that is okCupid a time. This is because our Community Guidelines suggest that you may only have one active OkCupid account. To free your telephone number to use on your own present account, you will have to signal into and delete your other account. To achieve this
- From Settings, log from your present account
- Ch se ”log in with phone”
- Enter your phone number and the SMS code to log into the account that is linked to your quantity
- As s n as you’re logged in, go to your Settings web page and delete the account.
- You can then log into the other account and there add your number.
If you are attempting to join with your telephone number, but aren’t finding a verification code
- First, be sure you entered the number that is correct. This seems ridiculous, but it is an easy fling task to type in the number that is wrong! You’ll also desire to make sure that the proper country rule is selected.
- If you’re still not seeing a code, you might contact your mobile carrier to ensure that вЂњMessage BlockingвЂќ is disabled. It could be our code is getting automatically blocked as potential spam which is why you’re not getting it.
- We can not validate via landline, specific phone that is internet-based, or particular texting apps. If you are not able to get an SMS, you’ll be unable to produce an OkCupid account, or deliver messages and intros from a current account. In the event your quantity isn’t appropriate for SMS, you will need certainly to make use of another number.
- You will desire to ensure that you have actually proper reception on your phone and will presently get SMS communications towards the number you might be including.
- Often you can find brief connection issues with delivering an SMS – if you do not get a rule or obtain an mistake message, it’s well worth trying once more in a minutes that are few.
In case your number has changed
If your contact number changed, you need to be able to signal into your account using your email password and address as long as you’re signing in from the unit that you’ve confirmed in the past. When you have signed into the account, you can stick to the actions below to change your phone number
- Open OkCupid
- Tap/click ”Sign in”
- Submit the e-mail target and password for the account that is okCupid select ”next” switch do not hit the enter key or you’ll be expected to confirm your telephone number.
- When you’re logged in, proceed with the actions above to improve your contact number
If a code is got by you but didn’t request one
It is likely somebody got confused about their quantity or unintentionally entered yours. We recommend blocking the true number you are receiving the verification texting from so that they stop coming through. Should anyone ever do wish to sign up for OkCupid, you will have to ensure that you unblock the number to help you confirm your account.
If some body asks you to definitely send them your code
You shouldn’t share your SMS rule with someone else. If someone says ”I simply sent you a code from OkCupid, what exactly is it?” this may be a scam! They’re trying to use your quantity on their account. In such a circumstance, please e-mail support and tell us.